Introducing Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan as the best solution of shift schedule plan for any types of companies that is suitable with 8 hours. It is one of employee schedule plan that has a fast forward rotation plan from day working shift to shift working shift and night working shifts. What makes this shift schedule plan different with other shift schedule plan is it shortens the maximum number of night work shift in sequence from 7 to 6 with repeat cycle is 8 days and has an average of 42 working hours per week. Below are some features you can get and need to know about how this Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan works:
1. How many departments (teams) can involve?
Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan involves 4 departments (teams)
2. How long are the shift hours per day?
It requires 8 hours in day work shifts, 8 hours in swing work shifts and 8 hours in night work shifts for a 24/7 effective working days per month.
3. How the rotation of Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan works?
Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan is a fast forward rotation from day work shift to swing work shift to night work shift.
4. What happen to the employee vacation days or sick days?
All the vacation days, sick days or any other days exclude working days are all given and calculated in hours.
5. How does this schedule work?
All of the departments (teams) need to rotate through an order of 2 days work shifts, 2 swing work shifts, 2 night work shifts, and 2 days off duty with the repeat cycle is every 8 days.
6. I still do not really get it. Can you give me the example of how Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan works?
Below are the examples of how Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan works
- D = Day working shifts
- S = Swing working shifts
- N = Night Working Shifts
- O = Off Duty days
The order of shifts below is starting from
> Department (Team) 1 : D-D-S-S-N-N-O-O
> Department (Team) 2 : S-S-N-N-O-O-D-D
> Department (Team) 3 : N-N-O-O-D-D-S-S
> Department (Team) 4 : O-O-D-D-S-S-N-N
7. What company does this Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan commonly be implemented?
This Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan is commonly implemented in any agencies or industries that is suitable with 8 hours working shifts
8. What are the advantages of Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan?
- The employee will have 2 off duty days in sequence for every 8 days
- The employee will have a maximum 2 night work shifts in sequence.
- The employee will have 8 hours work shifts.
9. What are the disadvantages of Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan?
- The employee will have a free time on every Saturday and Sunday that they can use only for once in every 2 months
- The employee may require an average of 2 hours per week of overtime hours.
Metropolitan Shift Schedule Plan works out well for any agencies or industries that are suitable with 8 hours working shifts.
Here is the file where you can see screenshot above.
Other shift plan you may consider is Continental Shift Plan where it can accommodate similar number of teams and shifts as this plan.