Are you managing a manufacturing industry or security related jobs and looking for a suitable way to manage the employee shift schedule? Then, you can try to implement Dupont Shift Schedule Plan. It is one of employee shift schedule where it has a balanced staffing fluctuation from day to day and shift to shift. What makes Dupont Shift Schedule Plan different from other shift schedule plan is that it allows the employee to have 7 consecutive days off as a return of night shifts. Below are some features you can get and need to know about how this Dupont Shift Schedule Plan works:
1. How many departments can involve?
Dupont Shift Schedule Plan involves 4 departments (teams)
2. How long are the shift hours per day?
It requires 12 hours shifts per day in a 24/7 effective working days per month.
3. How the rotation of Dupont Shift Schedule Plan works?
Dupont Shift Schedule Plan has a slow rotation between night and day working shifts.
4. What happen to the employee vacation days or sick days?
All of the vacation days, sick days or any other days exclude working days are all given and calculated in hours.
5. How does this schedule work?
Dupont Shift Schedule Plan 28 days repeat cycle for 24/7 effective working days per month. Every departments (teams) works for 4 consecutive night shifts, continue with 3 days off duty, works for 3 consecutive day shifts, continue with 1 day off duty, works for 3 consecutive night shifts, continue with 3 days off duty, work for 4 consecutive day shift and continue with 7 consecutive days off duty.
6. I still do not really get it. Can you give me the example of how Dupon Shift Schedule Plan works?
Below are the examples of how Dupont Shift Schedule Plan works
- DS = Day shift
- NS = Night Shift
- OD = Off Duty
The order of shifts below is starting from Monday to Sunday
> Week 1 : NS-NS-NS-NS-NS-OD-OD-OD
> Week 2 : DS-DS-DS-OD-NS-NS-NS
> Week 3 : OD-OD-OD-DS-DS-DS-DS
> Week 4 : OD-OD-OD-OD-OD-OD-OD
You can see screenshot of how Dupont Shift Schedule Pattern is implemented within one week cycle.
7. What company does this Dupont Shift Schedule Plan commonly be implemented?
This Dupont Shift Schedule Plan is commonly implemented in manufacturing industries and may also be implemented in police agency.
8. What are the advantages of Dupont Shift Schedule Plan?
– The employee will have 7 days of off duty as a return of a night shift
9. What are the disadvantages of Dupont Shift Schedule Plan?
- The employee may work for maximum 72 hours per week in a month
- The employees have an average 2 overtime hours per week.
- Unlike common working hours that requires 8 working hours, In Dupont Shift Schedule plan, the employees will have a long hours shift (12 hours) per day.
Many parties recommend that this Dupont Shift Schedule Plan works out well for manufacturing industries or it can also be implemented in policy agency and less recommend this shift schedule for a small sized company.
You can download the Excel file below to see the implementation of Dupont Shift Schedule pattern.